Google

Saturday 21 February 2009

Another Season In Aid of Prostate UK

Another season begins!

This will be my third competing in aid of Prostate UK in various rowathlons (row, bike, run - I hate swimming lengths!) and duathlons arranged by Will Whitmore at DB Max, and culminating in Marlow Rowing Club's Rower's Revenge in October.

The pressure's on, because this year I've followed Mark Allen's base training suggestion and spent much of the past 4 months training below my maximum aerobic heart rate to try to improve performance when the rowathlons start in May. The first 'warm-up' event is the DB Max Chilly Duathlon at Castle Combe Race Circuit next week, on 1 March - a cheeky 2 mile run, 10 mile cycle, 2 mile run that took me 59 mins and 47 secs last year. So whether the extra time and patience has been worthwhile is about to be sorely tested!

Will it all be for nought? Not if you donate a tenner each... ;-)

I'll post the stats on my Justgiving page, and share the highs and lows right here, as the season progresses. Last season's results were:
Trybike Mallory Park Rowing Tri - May 5th - 2.5k row, 20k bike, 5k run (time 1:19:13 - 21st overall). Dodgy transitions definitely cost me a place.

Castle Combe Rowing Triathlon - August 10th - 3k row, 20k bike, 3k run (time 1:11:51 - 27th overall and beating 2007 time of 1:13:29). It was all down to the run; more training time on the bike required.

Reading Rowing Triathlon - August 16th - 2.5k row, 7k bike, 2.8k run (time 36:22 - 19th overall). Went too quickly in the row, which killed the run, but it felt good and I couldn't resist ;-)

Marlow "Rowers Revenge" - October 5th - 4k row, 25k bike, 7.5k run - (time 1:42:50). Beat previous time (2005) by about 10 mins :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, I searching for the best information for prostate~~*

and your Blog are very interesting too

i hope you to don't angry me to post this post for backlink

Please comeback to visit my blog too : prostate

I'm sorry , If you think this is spam. but may i thank you again.

Pragmatist said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment. You've clearly done a lot of research that can only help raise awareness. Good job.

Best
SDJ

Related Posts with Thumbnails