Google

Monday 2 March 2009

Duathlon Result

Well, the '09 fundraising campaign got off to a decent start at yesterday's DB Max Chilly Duathlon - a 2 mile run, 10 mile cycle, 2 mile run, orbiting a very windy Castle Combe Race Circuit.

My challenge was to take it steady on the first stage, which can be tough if you're feeling great and get carried away. Luckily I remembered my heart rate monitor this year, so I was able to rein myself in. That meant I finished the first stage fully 1 min 27 secs slower than last year, and I cost myself another 16 secs in transition. But it was all plain sailing from there. The bike leg was 2 mins 42 secs faster than last year - and I even had some jelly beans left to top last year's final stage by 31 secs. Overall, a 1 min 30 sec net improvement at 58:17.05.

Next stop: Mallory Park for a rowing triathlon on May 4.

Please take a moment to donate a fiver or so to Prostate UK if you can.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails