Google

Sunday 10 January 2010

Training Tips

I spent much of the Christmas holidays digesting Joe Friel's The Triathlete's Training Bible, now in its third edition.

Having plodded my way through various multisport events since 2005 with only sporadic assistance from search engines, I've found myself at a bit of a performance plateau. So I figured I need to get more scientific if I'm to wring any more improvements out of my limited schedule. Although daunting in size, I've found Joe's bible has the right balance of science and practical tips to confidently tweak the training plan. He does a thorough job of explaining the latest research into physiology and diet, and recommending different workouts that contribute endurance, strength and/or speed depending on your needs (all of the above). Hell, just reading about training is a morale boost in itself.

Already I can report an increase in velocity, although times may have been wind-assisted by brussel sprouts.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails